Entrepreneurship a Product of our Culture
“Our cultural heritage is more than the memory of our past; it is the key to our future”
Tibor Navracsics, EU commissioner for education, culture, youth and sport
As stated by the Report of the Horizon 2020 Expert Group on Cultural Heritage, “Getting cultural heritage to work for Europe”, it is necessary to increase the effectiveness of cultural heritage as an economic production factor”
EPOC is an Erasmus+ KA2 project for the exchange of good practices.
- Promote entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial skills within the field of cultural heritage;
- Raise awareness on the key role of cultural heritage in defining a European identity;
- Understand the issues Europe’s adults could face identity crises and find an answer through cultural heritage;
- Start a new way or understanding and using cultural heritage, beyond a mere touristic aspect;
- Train key figures working with adults from disadvantaged groups for successful entrepreneurship and stimulate them to develop and adopt new techniques related to cultural heritage;
- Use cultural heritage to initiate societal changes;
- Provide skills and competences to participants on how to approach cultural heritage to enhance their chances of becoming entrepreneurs;
- Promote European values, culture and employability;
- Build bridges between local communities and institutions in the field of cultural heritage and adults willing to become entrepreneurs or entering the business world.
The project will develop into different main stages:
- Creating a toolkit for deliver training on aspects related to entrepreneurship in relation with cultural heritage.
- 5-day training in Italy that will provide trainers, educators, teachers and similar categories with the knowledge necessary to improve adults' entrepreneurial skills in the field of cultural heritage.
- Job shadowing programme that will give adults the possibility to spend a specific period in one of the partner countries, closely following organisations working in the field of cultural heritage.
- Building partnerships with organisations interested in being involved in the project.
Promoter: Itaka Training (Italy)
- Kairos Europe –UK
- Fundacja Pro Scientia Publica – Poland
- Ed-consult – Denmark
- Associació Empresarial L'alqueria Projectes Educatius - Spain