Project website: http://www.aceproject.live
Context/background of project
This is an Erasmus Plus KA2 Strategic partnership project, that includes 5 partners from Italy, Greece, Spain, Turkey and the UK.
The pillars on which this project stands are 2.
– First of all we were inspired by the motto that the European Union adopted in 2000 “United in diversity”. As Europe in recent years has been at the centre of the so called “refugee crises” we would like to use this project and its outcomes to extend the motto to migrants (in this application we will use the term migrant in the wide sense including refugees, economic migrants, asylum seekers) and find ways to enable the latter as well as locals to learn from each other and consequentially become more united while respecting diversity.
– Secondly it will address Cultural Heritage. It is fundamental for migrants when arriving it the host country and once they have settled in to have a deep understanding of the cultural heritage of their new home. At the same time for the hosting community the best way to overcome fears and prejudices is to learn about the richness of the migrants culture heritage. By facilitating ways of exchange, this project will not only help the inclusion process but will give a chance to adults migrants to gain new skills about European culture and at the same time get tips and methods on how to transfer their own cultural heritage to others. Both skills learning and teaching are fundamentals to get more chances to get a job and/or building confidence to start a business.
2) Objectives of the project
– To promote social inclusion and tackle discrimination and stereotypes,
– To fight poverty through culture
– To promote entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial skills within the field of cultural heritage;
– To raise awareness on the key role of cultural heritage in defining a European identity both for citizens and migrants;
– To combine learning with training and identity building;
– To promote new ways or understanding and using cultural heritage, beyond a mere touristic aspect;
– To train key figures working with adult migrants for stimulate them to develop learning and teaching skills related to cultural heritage;
– To use cultural heritage to initiate societal changes;
– To build bridges between local communities and institutions in the field of cultural heritage, social inclusion and entrepreneurship
– To promote equality, including gender equality, and non-discrimination and social inclusion
– To promote new approaches for reducing disparities in access to and engagement with digital technologies in formal and non-formal education