Developing sense of initiative and entrepreneurship it is an individual’s ability to turn ideas into action. It includes creativity, innovation and risk-taking, as well as the ability to plan and manage projects in order to achieve objectives.
This project will run for all those people who have left their country to live in a different one, mainly for socio-economic reasons as a consequences of wars, revolutions or political persecution. are forced to seek refuge outside
Self-employment could be a good career option for these people in their new countries. But to transform a business idea into a reality requires, as well as sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, knowing the legal and administrative environment and business culture of the host country.
The intellectual output will support all minority in their everyday lives at the workplace in order to be aware of the context of their work. Moreover they will be able to seize opportunities, and is a foundation for more specific skills and knowledge needed by those establishing or contributing to social or commercial activity.
The overall objective of this project is to provide migrants and refugees, with basic knowledge of the language of their host country and low literacy skills, a itinerary to support entrepreneurship suits to their needs: using simple language supported with images in a clear and practical way.
- Creating a package of educational tools to implement a training and guidance itinerary addressed to immigrants and refugees with low literacy skills in the language of their host country to foster entrepreneurship.
- Providing participants in the program the tools and basic knowledge necessary to transform a business idea into an entrepreneurial project and have the ability to create their own business plan.
- Ensuring the participants are able to choose the type of business and also understand the legal, financial, management and marketing requirements.
- Implement pilot projects in partner countries to test the itinerary developed.
- Promoting equal opportunities and labor market integration of migrants and refugees.
- Improving the employability of migrants and refugees.
- The training will be based on the educational tools designed in the project using plain language and will include group exercises, discussions, case studies, simulations and the development of their own business plan by each participant.
The project has seven partners from six different countries. We will organize a pilot experience to test the itinerary in the six participant countries: Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Denmark and United Kingdom. In each pilot experiences will involve about 15 people, which means 90 direct beneficiaries.