- In November 2013 the Polish team conducted a pilot study project: “Location-based games as a didactic method in the realm of modern technology”.
- The results were – The innovative method of teaching (location-based game) increased significantly the:
- effectiveness of learning by the participants;
- pace of assimilation of the knowledge by the participants;
- level of self-reliability of the participants.
The present project aims at determining whether location-based game is an effective method in senior education in the field of IT should be carried out, this time with more classes on different topics (related with IT) and on larger and even number of participants.
The main objective of the project
The main objective is the development of a didactic location-based games model dedicated to seniors, the creation of new knowledge that will provide professionals working with the elderly the opportunity to use didactic location-based games in education of people in their late adulthood, as well as filling the gap in the scientific research (andragogics, gerontology and psychology).
Project’s results will be of a combination of scientific research with the practical application in the daily activity of professionals working with elderly people.
The project is expecting to
- Provide more attractive programmes for elderly people in line with their needs and expectations;
- Improve qualifications of training staff;
- Obtain more effective activities for the benefit of local communities.
- Elderly people 60 years old or more;
- All participants need to possess smartphone / iPhone with internet access;
- Participant should have basic knowledge about smart phones.
- Fundacja Pro Scientia Publica – Polish
- Mykolo Romerio Universiteras – Lithuania
- The University of Ss Cyril and Methodius (UCM) – Slovakia
- Kairos Europe – UK